Thursday, February 18, 2010

Devotional 2-18-10

Jesus Loves Me


Karl Barth was a famous philosopher who spent many years studying the Scriptures. He was once asked, "What is the greatest theological discovery you ever made? "He thought and said simply, " Jesus loves me this I know, for the Bible tells me so."

Can you remember where you were the first time you heard those words? I can't, because, quite honestly, I don't remember not knowing it. The words are sung by children literally all over the world, and frankly, I do not know a message more needed by every child, and adult, than those simple words with a life changing message, Jesus Loves Me This I Know For The Bible Tells Me So.

Jesus Himself said " This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you. Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends" (John 15:12-13)

Can you imagine that? Jesus loves me!

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?" (Matthew 16:26)

Anne Dobbins

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home