Thursday, March 06, 2014

Devotional 2-7-14

I will instruct you and teach you the way you should go; I will counsel you with my eye upon you. --Psalms 32:8

The last two years I've participated in the Love Your Guts 5K Memorial Run* at Barboursville Park. (Don't be too impressed. I don't make any attempt at running, just happily walk in the back of the pack with the likes of Brad Lesher and try not to be last). One of the perks of a 5K, besides getting some needed exercise in the great outdoor and contributing to a worthy cause, is adding to your cache of T-shirts. On the back of last year's Love Your Guts T-shirt were these words:

Follow Me
...Jesus
Mark 1:17

As I was on the home stretch, I started noticing those words (on all the people who were passing me!). We all know Jesus said "Follow me," when he was calling his disciples. But I thought, what if instead of ..., there was a comma, so it would read, Follow me, Jesus. Follow me, Jesus. Pursue me. Chase me down if necessary. Stay right there behind me, guide my steps, pick me up when I fall, set me back on the path when I've strayed. Follow me, Jesus.

Anita Gardner Farrell

*This event is held in memorial of Sarah Beth Napier who lost a valiant fight to breast cancer. She was a person who loved Jesus Christ with her whole heart and wanted to help others enter into a relationship as well. All the proceeds from this race will benefit local churches and other faith based organizations in discipling youth and helping to further outreach in their ministry area. Learn more about Sarah's journey at www.loveyourguts.com This year's event will be May 17.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home