Sunday, March 16, 2008

Devotional 3-16-08

Read Psalm 31

Do you have a song that each time you sing it you remember a specific time in your life? My special song is “Take my Life and Let it Be.”

  1. Take my life and let it be consecrated Lord to thee.
    Take my hands and let them move, at the impulse of they love.
  2. Take my feet and let them be swift and beautiful for thee.
    Take my voice and let me sing, always only for my king.
  3. Take my lips and let them be filled with messages for thee.
    Take my silver and my gold; not a mite would I withhold.
  4. Take my love, my God, I pour at thy feet its treasure store.
    Take myself and I will be ever only all for thee.
The first time I heard this song was at church camp when I was in high school. Every evening we had a service throughout the week. We also attended different Bible study groups in preparation for the last night of camp. On that night there was a consecration service where the youth accepted Jesus as savior if so moved. The singing of this song brings back the emotion and memories of that week at camp.

It would be wonderful if we all could remember our consecration and live our lives accordingly.

The song says it all.

Just let your heart lead you at this Lenten season to him. If you haven’t committed your life to Jesus remember that Jesus is the Light of the world and He is the way, the Truth and the light.

Praise be to the Lord for he showed his wonderful love to me when I was a besieged city (Psalm 31:21)

Love the Lord all his saints!
The Lord preserves the Faithful,
But the proud he pays back in full.
Be strong and take heart
All you who hope in the Lord.
Melanie Herr

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home