Sunday, March 11, 2007

March 11 Devotion

Mark 17:3 – And eternal life is this: To know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent.

John 11:25; 14:1, 2, 27 -- “I am the resurrection and the life; he who believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live, and whoever lives and believes in me shall never die.”

“Let not your hearts be troubled; believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father’s house are many rooms; if it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you?…Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.”

The following lines were given to us by a friend who gleaned them from the internet. We found them very touching and meaningful, and would like to share them with you.

Death – What a wonderful way to explain it

A sick man turned to his doctor as he was preparing to leave the examination room and said, “Doctor, I am afraid to die. Tell me what lies on the other side.”

Very quietly, the doctor said, “I don’t know.”

“You don’t know? You, a Christian man, do not know what is on the other side?”

The doctor was holding the handle of the door; on the other side came of sound of scratching and whining, and as he opened the door, a dog sprang into the room and leaped on him with an eager show of gladness.

Turning to the patient, the doctor said, “Did you notice my dog? He’s never been in this room before. He didn’t know what was inside. He knew nothing except that his master was here, and when the door opened, he sprang in without fear.

“I know little of what is on the other side of death, but I know one thing…I know my Master is there and that is enough.”

Prayer by Ken Gire – Moments with the Savior

Dear Lord Jesus,
Thank you that here and there you have shown me glimpses of heaven, however briefly. That now and then you have sent me echoes of it, however faintly. And that once in a while, you have allowed it to touch me, however gently. Those glimpses, those echoes, those touches have awakened my longing for home, and for each one of those awakenings, I thank you.

Thank you that I have a room in your Father’s house. A place just for me. Thank you for all you have done to ready it for my arrival. For all the longings that lead me there and for all the reminders that let me know that this is not my home, I thank you, O Lord. Remind me often for often I forget that the very best of homes here on earth is just a shadow of the home waiting for me in heaven.

Charlie and Margaret Ann Lewis

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home