Thursday, March 22, 2007

March 22 Devotion

John 3:14 – 18
He Died For Me

“He died for me.” What do those words mean to you? When you think about them, what do they bring to mind?
  • He died as my substitute…in my place…where I should have died…the way I should die…
  • He died because of me… if it were not for my sins, his death would not have been necessary…
  • He died for my benefit…to provide me with forgiveness, life, and salvation.

These are just three ways of reading that simple sentence. Another way might be to think about it one word at a time: “He” - who? Why him?... “died” – how? where? why????... “for” – in place of? in behalf of? for the benefit of? because of?... “me” – why me? who am I? what am I?

Today let your focus or nail (see February 26 devotion) remind you of this simple but profound four word sentence:

He Died For ME!

Amy Inghram

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home