Tuesday, March 13, 2007

March 13 Devotion

Mark 10:14

There are times when I get so involved in trying to understand something that I can't. I make it too complicated. At times like these, I'm glad God doesn't take me so seriously. He gives me wonderful reminders that he made the message easy enough for all of us to understand. Two of those reminders were with me last week. I was shopping with Max and Riley when they asked for some "sparkling grape juice" for dinner that evening. I explained that the grape juice was for special occasions. Max said "you mean like Communion". I agreed with him and that brought on more questions about communion. I told them we'd talk about it in the car.

When we got to the car I was trying to think of how to explain this all to them. I explained that the bread and the wine that we used in Communion represented Jesus body and his blood that he has shed for us. Max said he remembered a story about Jesus turning water into wine (Pastor Joe's sermon the week before). They wanted to know why he did that and I was explaining (thank you Joe and Kim and Jeff from Wednesday) when the question changed to how. Max said Jesus had to be very powerful to do that, how did he get all that power. While I was thinking about my answer, Riley pipes up with "Max, he's our King. Not one of those slave kings who is mean and makes people do things. He's a good King who loves us."

Now just how much more do we need to understand.

Thank you God for wonderful reminders of your word.
Amen

Debbie McGinnis

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home