Thursday, February 28, 2008

Devotional 2-27-08

Psalm 119:105-108
Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.I have sworn and confirmed that I will keep Your righteous judgments.I am afflicted very much; Revive me, O Lord, according to Your word.Accept, I pray, the freewill offerings of my mouth, O Lord, and teach me Your judgments.
February 27 is the birthday of my father. If he were living he would be 93 years old.

God's word is a lamp to my feet and being. My father's words were also. My father and mother worshipped and studied God's word through church and the Bible and taught what they learned and knew to us girls.

My parents are who I am today. God gives us choice, and I chose to live by my parents’ example. In life I remember the words they gave me to live by everyday. Their words came from their parents and the Bible. God's word lives through us. I feel blessed to have the family I have and to be able to continue living God's word.

Prayer: My Father, thank you for Your word and my family. I pray that I will continue to read Your word on the path to righteousness. Amen

Kay Lewis

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home