Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Devotional 3-12-09

Note from Kim: When people at Johnson Memorial sign up to write devotionals, I randomly assign them dates. Theo, who wrote the following devotional, was randomly assigned March 12 sometime during early February. I'm telling you this because Theo is having surgery today at Cleveland Clinic to remove a tumor. While I might have made the assignment in a random manner, I'm sure that God was involved. I'm sure it's not a coincidence that her devotional is being emailed for the day that she is having surgery and is in need of prayer. Please pray for Theo today. Praise to God whose hands surround us with his care and love. Grace, Kim

Attending elementary school during the Fifties, our classroom day always began with us reciting the Pledge of Allegiance, a scripture reading and discussion, and bowing our heads to pray the Lord's Prayer with our teacher. Also, many of my teachers required us to memorize Bible verses as part of our classroom assignments. As far back as second grade, I remember learning Bible verses for school, and my wise teacher, Miss Smith, using Psalm 19:14 as a springboard for a lesson on kindness. Today, all of us need to practice living the words of Psalm 19:14 in our daily lives.

“May the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord, my strength and my redeemer."

How many times do we use sharp and hurtful words when speaking to others?How many times do we have unkind feelings in our hearts?Are these words and thoughts acceptable to our Lord? God is our strength and our redeemer. He hears and knows our every word and thought.

Theo Tippett

Mission Prayer and Response Focus:
March 12: ECOC needs bean bag chairs. Give 25 cents for each bean bag chair in yourhouse.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home