Monday, March 01, 2010

Devotional 3-2-10

We raised our daughters in Lexington, and like the youth here at JM, they had a wonderful youth group. It amazed me from time to time when I, the parent, had my duties usurped by a teen within the group. They were truly family and kept one another “in line.” It was a real gift to us that we had good daughters and friends that cared and were strong. I have felt that we were sent to Lexington so that our daughters could be in that particular group. “ MANNA,” the name the youth group used when singing, traveled to many places singing for other churches. MANNA was a good name for the group as they were forced into a deeper understanding of what ‘manna” was to them. They realized that they were also “manna” to others as they sang in praise of their Lord. One of the songs they sang at every concert was a catchy and lively song called “Let it Rain.” It might have been a theme song of sorts. I watched them sing with all the happiness and joy of knowing that they were enjoying what they were doing, and also making others happy.

LET IT RAIN, LET IT RAIN, LET IT POUR,
LET TROUBLES KEEP KNOCKING AT MY DOOR

I felt my heart tug and feel heavy as I knew that it would rain on all their lives, and that sometimes things would be hard for them. I occasionally hear from members of that group, and I know that they are being tested, and I have suffered as I have watched my own daughters feel the pain of the storms around them.

We are all tested, but as we are told in the Bible, God is faithful, and he told us he will not let us be tested beyond our strength, but with the testing he will also provide the way out so that we may be able to endure. These are reassuring words and I have found myself reminding myself and other family members of these Bible verses many times.
As church family we too must always know that God is with us. We do have times that are hard to endure, when the rain comes and the storms are all around. We must remember that God is with us to sustain us and give us peace.

We are reminded during this season of Lent of what Jesus had to endure, we know that he went through his pain for each of us, and his suffering is one of Gods gift for each of us. We must remember and be thankful.

Dear God, be with us in all of life’s journey. May we have the faith of MANNA that with God we can endure all things, and in all things be thankful. Praise to our father who has made us in his image, and to his son who has shown us how to live in his image. Thanks also for the Manna in our lives.
Amen Amen

Marilyn Holleron

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home