Thursday, March 31, 2011

Devotional 3-31-11

Sing and make music in your heart to the Lord, always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Ephesians 5:19-20

Back in the early 80’s, Carla and I went to Florida to bring my mother north for the summer. She told us she had just gotten back from the doctor, and he found a spot on her lung. We ended up sending her to my brother’s home in Cleveland for treatment of cancer. Within three months, it took her life. She had expressed a desire earlier, to have her minister from Florida perform her serve is she died. My brother was returning from a business trip when he got the news she had passed away. He called from the airport to the Methodist Church in Florida, but they told him the minister had left for vacation, and there was no way they could get in touch with him. He had mentioned our mother’s name to the woman on the phone, and a man at the airport stopped behind him. When Jim hung up, the man said, “I have a Velma Traxler in my church in Florida.”

You can guess who this was. We were so blessed for him to perform the service for our mother.

Do you doubt that God works in mysterious ways?

John Traxler

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 5:10 PM, Anonymous Becky Warren said...

My goodness! I got goosebumps reading your devotional. What a beautiful ending to a very traumatic illness.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home