Monday, March 28, 2011

Devotional 3-28-11

March 28, 2011

1 Sam 16:6-7 (KJV)

And it came to pass, when they were come, that he looked on Eliab, and said, Surely the LORD'S anointed is before him. But the LORD said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the LORD seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the LORD looketh on the heart.
An Open Letter From God.
Children as you are in the mist of your lives,
I know you grasp you resources tightly.
I understand you are selfish.
I know you have replaced me with consumerism.
I see that you have crushed your creativeness, while you live vicarious lives in the form of entertainment or other worldly pursuits.
I know that all too often you do not participate in your own salvation, choosing to ignore intimacy with me.
I also understand that you ignore my son, the one who stood in the gap to pay the price of your reconciliation.
I know you don't pay attention to the sweet urgings of the Holy Spirit.
Even so, I want you to know that you can run to me.
I want to lavish you with blessings of hope, peace and love.
I want to cover you with grace.
Run to me.
I want to protect you from the foils of the world.
Run to me.
I want to open the ears of your heart so you may heed my call.
Run to me.
Run to me.
I love you so.
Judith Wilburn
 

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home