Friday, March 18, 2011

Devotional 3-18-11

LIGHT, LOVE, POWER, PRESENCE.

Four of the many gifts bestowed upon us by our loving Heavenly Father are contained in this little verse:

The LIGHT of God surrounds me,
The LOVE of God enfolds me,
The POWER of God protects me,
The PRESENCE of God watches over me,

Wherever I am, God is.

GOD'S LIGHT SURROUNDS US

Buzz, bzzz, bzzz. It's 6:15AM and the alarm clock is doing what it is supposed to do.....get me out of bed. Reluctantly I throw off the covers and start the morning routine. At this time of year it is still dark outside, but the first of God's gifts for the day is knowing that soon it will be light. Maybe sunny, maybe not, but light.

GOD'S LOVE ENFOLDS US
Whatever happens on this new day I know that God's love will be with me. Even if my plans go awry and nothing works out the way I want it to, the warmth of His love is there to guide and comfort. His love comes to me physically as I adjust the thermostat and the house fills with warmth. How many people don't have this blessing and are shivering and cold?

GOD'S POWER PROTECTS US
We live in a dangerous world but remember how many times in your life God has protected you from harm, from the time you were small and didn't fall out of the tree you should not have climbed into until your adult years when you didn't see the STOP sign until you had run it but the driver of the car that could have collided with you saw you and stopped in time.

THE PRESENCE OF GOD WATCHES OVER US
What more can we ask than that his presence is with us guiding, guarding, loving us each second, each minute, each hour of the day? What a comfort to know that through Jesus we are in touch with God always, and He is watching over us 24/7

WHEREVER WE ARE, GOD IS.

Thank you, God!

"This is the day which the Lord hath made, we will be glad and rejoice in it. Ps.118 v.24"

Jean Dean



To leave a comment for the author, go to http://jmlent.blogspot.com

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 6:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful, meaningful devotion.
A member of your chair yoga group

 

Post a Comment

<< Home