Saturday, March 10, 2012

Devotional 3-10-12

John 2:15

And making a whip of cords, he drove them all,with the sheep and oxen, out of the temple; and he poured out the coins of the money-changers and overturned their tables.”

This event occurred early in Jesus' ministry, soon after the miracle at Cana. Jesus, his brothers , and the disciples had come to Jerusalem to observe Passover. Upon entering the Temple, he observed that the priests had turned the Temple into a place of commerce. This did not set well with Jesus. He took action.

Many, many times I have come upon situations which I felt compelled to do the same. I would like to dispense justice in the name of all that's good like Jesus did. The difference is, Jesus is God Almighty and I am only a cowardly sinner. This set me to thinking how I, a cowardly sinner, can do God's work on this earth. There are multitudinous things I can do on a daily basis. I can try to follow Jesus' two Great Commandments: Love God and Love my neighbor. It is much more difficult to love someone who has done me wrong than to lash out at him and try to get “even”.

Easter, in my opinion, is the Keystone event in Christianity. Without the Resurrection,everything else is just a story. Had the Resurrection not occurred, Jesus would be among the legions of prophets and pretenders, soon to be forgotten or dismissed as a lunatic. On our Lenten journey this year, let us truly remember that Jesus is our Lord and Savior.

Let us strive daily to keep his two Commandments.

Blessings to you,
Scott Ramsey

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home