Thursday, February 21, 2013

Devotional 2-21-13

Genesis 15:1-12,17-18

I am afraid of some things. I think most of us are afraid of some things. I don't like snakes, so I guess I am afraid of snakes.

I don't like the dark and being enclosed, so was afraid of going into caves when I was younger. I was even told I was afraid to have my photograph taken when I was a child. I was told that I would run away and in the few pictures I have of myself as a child, I am crying in them. Now, I am just afraid I will look too much like myself. (Can be a scary thing.)

Now days, I am afraid of 'home invasion', 'snipers', or being in the 'line of fire' of some irrational person. I am also afraid of getting a debilitating illness or condition.

God tells us not to be afraid. In Genesis 15:1, God tells Abram not to be afraid. "I am your shield, your very great reward".

God is with us in scary and difficult times and promises many blessings, even if the blessings are difficult to know at the time.

When I am afraid, of course I pray, and I also feel Jesus with me to see me through my fears. Thanks be to God.

Prayer: Our Father, thank you for your Son. Help me to take my fears to Him and know He is always with me and I am blessed. Amen

Kay Lewis

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 6:54 AM, Anonymous Becky Warren said...

I catch myself being afraid all of the time, too. But I am so thankful that I have good friends like you who understand and remind me that I just need to turn it over to God.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home