Sunday, February 24, 2013

Devotional 2/24/13

Christ in You!!!!

This week I had difficulty as to what to write for this devotion. I wasn’t able find the right verse or thought to convey during this Lenten season. I know that Lent is a time of self-reflection, a time to sacrifice, of fasting, just as Christ led during his forty days and nights in the desert. I had to be led, wherever that would take me.

So as I continued to think about this devotion, I was soon led to the new “In Touch” devotional magazine I had received this week. In it I found writing by Dr. Charles Stanley, titled “The Hope within”. See, Christ wants us to have a relationship with him, one that was justified when he died on the cross for us. But it didn’t end there; he wants us to continue his work by living through us.

“Many times we feel that we are living a Christian life through, reading the bible, praying and serving” All good things, but the real power comes from living our lives like Christ, a power from with-in.

Before Christ was crucified he told his Disciples that he was “the vine and that they were the branches who abide in him.” (John 15:4) This is saying that the fruit they would bear would lead to Christ’s life flowing in and through them. That the nourishment and growth we receive comes from that personal, saving, close relationship with Christ.

This would be assisted by the Holy Spirit living in us thus allowing Christ to enter in. (John 14:16-20) We are to be the hands and feet for Christ to continue his earthly work. By Christ’s living through us we become how God wants us to be. God will see to it that we are equipped to spread Christ’s message to all we encounter.

“It’s not enough for us to acknowledge that Christ is in us”. “It is for us to transform the way we live”. We have to let Christ flow through us. Live like Christ on a daily basis. Think about this the next time you see someone on the street, in a store or even in church. It may be one whom you might not acknowledge because of their appearance, maybe someone you might turn away from. Instead give them a smile, put out your hand, say hello. Remember it might be Christ’s hand or face you are touching or seeing. But it will definitely be Christ’s hand and face they are seeing.

Let’s pray;

Father, thank you for your love. Thank you for sending your only son to live among us to show us the way to live. I have fallen short of the way you want me to live, forgive me Lord. Father, help me to continue the work of your son. Let my life be an example of the saving grace of your son, so others will see him through me. Father I pray this in the name of Jesus the Christ, and with the power of the Holy Spirit, Amen.

He will rise from the dead. Alleluia!!

Fred Herr

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home