Thursday, March 12, 2009

Devotional 3-13-09

"Be careful little mouth what you say, be careful little mouth what you say, for the Lord up above is looking down below, so be careful little mouth what you say."

There have been times that I have said words and did actions that I would most gladly take back. However, there they were, out there for any to hear and see. I prayed to be forgiven for saying and acting in such a manner. I certainly apologized where I felt it was needed.
My father was a gentle gentleman whom I loved very much and tried to emulate. But he had a side to him, that when he felt strongly about something or was angered about something, he would let it be known in no uncertain terms. Growing up, I was the instrument of this display many times, I am certain. But, I do not remember my father having a really unkind word to or about someone.

That part I am sorry I do not emulate. I try hard but I know I have said hurtful words in anger or frustration. Then I have regretted those words. March 2nd I read on a daily calendar these words, “Set a guard over my mouth, O Lord; keep watch over the door of my lips. Let not my heart be drawn to what is evil...." Psalm 141:34 NIV. I pray I can abide by those words.

Prayer: May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer. Amen (Psalm 19:14)

Kay Lewis

Mission Prayer and Response Focus:
March 12: Enjoy games? How about a nickel for every deck of cards you have.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home