Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Devotional 3-26-09

Psalm 119:9-16

How can young people keep their way pure? By guarding it according to your word. With my whole heart I seek you; do not let me stray from your commandments. I treasure your word in my heart, so that I may not sin against you. Blessed are you, O LORD; teach me your statutes. With my lips I declare all the ordinances of your mouth. I delight in the way of your decrees as much as in all riches. I will meditate on your precepts, and fix my eyes on your ways. I will delight in your statutes; I will not forget your word.

How can young people keep their way pure? Growing up, I remember going to church and learning about Jesus. In Sunday school we learned many stories about the Ten Commandments and the miracles of Jesus. We learned of the “golden rule”, and that we are to love the Lord with all our heart, strength and mind.

Now that I am a little older, I find myself looking back. “Have I learned from the mistakes of my past?” Have I learned to fix my eyes on the way of the Lord? I can find only one answer, and that is I continue to try each and every day. Being an imperfect being, I know that there have been times I looked away. I find myself looking at the mistakes I have made, the lessons I have learned, then meditating and praying to God for help to know the right path.

I believe that in my search for the right path, I am helping “young people” to find their way to God. I try share the lessons I have learned through my interactions with friends, family, and even strangers. Sometimes this is as simple as offering a smile. Many times it takes little more than a kind word or a loving touch. People can feel that God is in our heart through these interactions.

How can young people keep their way pure? As the scripture says, by guarding is according to God’s word, but it takes all of us to help provide the love and support needed for people that are “young” in Christ’s eyes to find their path.

Lord, thank you for each and every day. Show us the way to guide “young” people to you. Come into our hearts that we will know your way and be able to declare your message to others. Amen

Hulse Budd

Mission Response and Prayer Focus:
March 26: One important ministry is the summer camping program. Give a nickel for every person in your household who went to a camp last summer.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home