Saturday, March 20, 2010

Devotional 3-21-10

Read Philippians 3:4b-14


…yet whatever gains I had, these I have come to regard as loss because of Christ. More than that, I regard everything as loss because of the surpassing value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have suffered the loss of all things, and I regard them as rubbish, in order that I may gain Christ. Beloved, I do not consider that I have made it my own; but this one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the heavenly call of God in Christ Jesus


As I read this passage, I once again think about the amount of time I spend worrying and complaining about not having enough time. When I am finally alone, I realize that all of the worry and emotion is very misplaced. Many times I am overly concerned with the things I have, or think I need.

The value of knowing Christ as a King and Savior surpasses all of the “things” we have. Working to have a close personal relationship with Christ helps us to not only be better Christians, but just better people.

The relationships I share with friends and family are my most prized possession. Having a relationship with Christ is the most important of all. I believe that as I attend the Walk to Emmaus this weekend, I will take a step closer in my journey with Christ.

Lord, help us to realize that everything we have is through your grace. Help us to place our energies into loving others and serving in your name. Each day, as we meet with others, help us to see others as if they are at their best, even when they look and feel at their worst.

In your holy name
Amen

Hulse Budd

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 10:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are a wonderful young man; we are blessed knowing you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home