Sunday, March 29, 2009

Devotional 3-30-09

Mark 11:1-11

This text tells of Jesus entry into Jerusalem. Jesus tells his disciples to go and bring a colt for him to ride. When they tell the colt’s owner they are taking it for Jesus, he agrees. When Jesus rides into town the crowds call “Praise God for the return of our father David’s kingdom”. “Hail to the King of the universe”. A few days later these people are calling “Crucify him”.

People are fickle. Today we like vanilla tomorrow it’s chocolate. We can’t seem to remember what our favorites are. Aren’t we glad that God isn’t fickle? He makes us his own and loves us into eternity. We disappoint Him, we deny Him, we even curse Him, but he loves us all the same.

One of my favorite hymns is “The Summons.”

Will you come and follow me
If I but call your name?
Will you go where you don’t know
And never be the same?
Will you let my love be shown,
Will you let my name be known,
will you let my life be grown
In you and you in me?


In this season of Lent with the beauty of Easter and all of it’s promise, will we come as He calls our name and never be the same?

Debbie McGinnis

Mission Response and prayer focus
March 30: Having a good hair day? Please give a nickel for every bottle of shampoo in your house

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home