Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Devotional 3-9-10

Lectionary Reading: Luke 15 1-3, 11-32; Luke 15:29

So he answered and said to his father,'Lo, these many years I have been serving you; I never transgressed your commandment at any time; and yet you never gave me a young goat, that I might make merry with my friends.' New King James Version


Those words were spoken by the "faithful' son upon the return and 'party' for the son that went away with his 'goods that falls to me' and 'wasted his possessions with prodigal living'.

I am lucky to have 3 sisters. I can see myself as the 'faithful' son, when I was much, much younger. Why should I celebrate them or with them when I don't think they deserve it? It is not right that I spent my time and energy and then one of them gets the glory. I was the one that stuck around because I was expected to do the work. Then no real thanks comes to me. HUMPF!

I did have those feelings from time to time growing up in our home with my three sisters, but I was also the one that felt they gave in to mother and daddy, when I wanted to stand up for our 'rights'. They 'always' gave in to them. HUMPF again!

It must have been hard living with me. In fact, I think at times, I had a hard time living. Am I ever glad I grew up. Or at least I think I have.

My sisters and I get along now, very well. Oh, we have our moments, but we get over them quickly and in the end we are always there to support each other.

To me the story of the lost son in Luke, conveys forgiveness, and isn't that what Easter is about? God loves us so much that he gave his only son to forgive us!

Through God's love,
Kay Lewis

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home