Monday, April 04, 2011

Devotional 4-4-11




Jim Perry


PEACE BE WITH YOU

Read John 20:19-23
Again Jesus said, “Peace be with you! As the Father has sent me, I am sending you.”
(John 20:21, NIV)

I volunteer at the VA Hospital twice a week as well as help with Common Grounds, and I see many sad looks and faces that show a beaten down spirit. It seems as if many people are merely existing.

Everyone has to deal with heartbreaks and challenges. Jesus’ words to his disciples, “Peace be with you,” brings me solace no matter what I face. For me, remembering that Christ offers us peace takes a heavy weight off my spirit so that I can live a fuller life.

Some of the people I see reflect peace in their appearance, their mannerisms, and how they treat others. I feel drawn to these people. As a result, no matter where I am, I have tried over these years to share Christ’s peace. Giving peace to another person involves more that our words. We can communicate Christ’s peace with our smile, the kindness in our eyes, or the touch of a hand when someone is going through tough times and by doing so we draw others closer to Christ.

As we open our hearts day by day, Christ’s peace can fill us so that we are able to freely share it with those we encounter.

Lord, fill us with your love and peace so those we meet will want to know you because of what they see in us.
AMEN

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home